DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
We will miss Mr. Bachchan at IIFA: Anil Kapoor
Amitabh has ceased to be IIFA brand ambassador this year
Mumbai: Anil Kapoor says he will miss his colleague and Bollwyood megastar Amitabh Bachchan at the upcoming 12th International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Awards.
After an association of more than a decade, Amitabh has ceased to be IIFA brand ambassador.
"We will definitely miss Mr. Bachchan because he is in the psyche of the people all over the world who like cinema. He is in our blood stream. He is a huge star and we will definitely miss him. His absence will be felt," Anil told reporters on Friday.
Big B has been IIFA brand Ambassdor since 2000, when it was conceptualised and launched.
This year the organiser, Wizcraft Entertainment, has scrapped the concept of having a brand ambassador. Now IIFA will go ahead with the new concept - Friends of IIFA - where no one person will be the face of the mega event.
"I'm glad that IIFA started this concept because we are a family and its important that at a global platform we all should come together and not just as a single person," said Kareena Kapoor.
Added Karan Johar: "This concept of friends of IIFA works both ways, emotionally and structurally."
Recommended For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar