Wear Khadi Once a Week, Maharashtra Police Directs Its Officers
Image for representative purposes. (Photo: Reuters)
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Police department has issued a circular asking police personnel to wear khadi uniforms once a week. The circular was issued by Special Inspector General of Police Anup Kumar Singh on June 1.
“To promote development of khadi is a duty of all departments. Through promotion of khadi we can provide self-employment to many people. Those officers and staff members who are uniformed should also have one set of uniform in khadi and should wear that uniform once a week on priority,” said the circular.
The circular adds that department heads must ensure that this directive is followed.
A senior IPS officer said that a similar circular had been issued by the State and Central government for all the employees, over a year ago. The central government was mulling over a khadi dress code in government offices and schools on every Friday.
Recommended For You
- Ziva and Zoravar Bond as Virat Kohli & Boys Travel to Antigua
- The Human Library Project Tries to Change the World One City at a Time
- Virat Kohli & Co Smash World Record During Windies ODI
- Honor 8 Pro vs OnePlus 5: What Their Dual-Camera Will Offer
- 12 of Bollywood's Eid Releases That Created Box Office Records