West Bengal: 3 arrested for murder of class XII student
CPI(M) claimed the murder of the victim was the fallout of a personal issue, the Trinamool Congress leadership put the onus on the Marxists.
Krishnanagar: A class XII student was killed in Nadia district and three persons got arrested in connection with the incident, a senior police officer said on Saturday. Police said on Saturday the body of Mrinmoy Saha was recovered in Krishnaganj area on Friday and three persons later rounded up in connection with the suspected murder.
West Bengal Industries Minister Partho Chatterjee who met the victim's family in Shaktinagar Hospital this afternoon, said, "We will look in to that the criminal get the severe punishment." While CPI(M) claimed the murder of Saha was the fallout of a personal issue, the Trinamool Congress leadership put the onus on the Marxists. The trio, all named in the FIR filed by the family of deceased earlier, were identified as Bacchu Bhadra, Anjan Sarkar and Sumanta Ghosh.
Anjan and Sumanta went to call Mrinmoy from home on Friday night. After an altercation one of them allegedly hit him and slit his throat. Mrinmoy, found to be lying in a pool of blood by neighbours, was declared dead at local hospital, police said. The family, which was living in fear, was also promised of security by Chatterjee.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Gionee M2017 First Look: Check Out the Rs 1.66 Lakh Gionee Phone
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Veteran Pitch Curator Daljit Singh Under Scanner After Second ICC Poor Rating
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar