West Bengal: Man allegedly kills his 10-year-old daughter
The girl was killed on Saturday night when she protested her father's plans to sell her to a girl trafficker, police said.
Berhampore: A man and his aide were arrested on Sunday for allegedly killing his 10-year-old daughter when she protested his attempts to sell her at Jalangi in Murshidabad district.
"Bablu Ghosh and his aide were arrested for strangulating his daughter Rinki Ghosh. Rinki was a student of class-III. Local villagers informed the police on Sunday morning after finding the body on the side of a pond at Chak Chaitanghoshpara village," Superintendent of Police Humayun Kabir said.
The girl was killed on Saturday night when she protested her father's plans to sell her to a girl trafficker, he said.
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Uran Terror Scare: Navi Mumbai Cops Call Off Search Operation
- Navy Calls off Search Operations in URAN; ATS, Police Continue the Hunt
- Police Release Sketch of Suspects Based on School Children's Description
- Uran Terror Alert: Police Release Sketches of 2 Suspects
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Nitish Kumar congratulates PM Modi, Indian Army for surgical strike across LoC - Pradesh18