West Bengal: Man allegedly kills his 10-year-old daughter
The girl was killed on Saturday night when she protested her father's plans to sell her to a girl trafficker, police said.
Berhampore: A man and his aide were arrested on Sunday for allegedly killing his 10-year-old daughter when she protested his attempts to sell her at Jalangi in Murshidabad district.
"Bablu Ghosh and his aide were arrested for strangulating his daughter Rinki Ghosh. Rinki was a student of class-III. Local villagers informed the police on Sunday morning after finding the body on the side of a pond at Chak Chaitanghoshpara village," Superintendent of Police Humayun Kabir said.
The girl was killed on Saturday night when she protested her father's plans to sell her to a girl trafficker, he said.
Recommended For You
- Team India Report Card: First Test Against Australia in Pune
- Aamir Khan's Latest TVC On Gender Equality Is Getting All The Praise It Deserves
- Jimmy Kimmel Thanks Donald Trump for Making Oscars Look Less Racist
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game