West Bengal: Man allegedly kills his 10-year-old daughter
The girl was killed on Saturday night when she protested her father's plans to sell her to a girl trafficker, police said.
Berhampore: A man and his aide were arrested on Sunday for allegedly killing his 10-year-old daughter when she protested his attempts to sell her at Jalangi in Murshidabad district.
"Bablu Ghosh and his aide were arrested for strangulating his daughter Rinki Ghosh. Rinki was a student of class-III. Local villagers informed the police on Sunday morning after finding the body on the side of a pond at Chak Chaitanghoshpara village," Superintendent of Police Humayun Kabir said.
The girl was killed on Saturday night when she protested her father's plans to sell her to a girl trafficker, he said.
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: South Korea Strengthen Semifinal Claim With 5-3 Win Over China
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- SP's Abu Azmi Lashes Out at Amar Singh, Blames him For Crisis in Party