West Bengal: Man arrested for raping 4 minor girls
An FIR lodged with the police said the four girls, aged 5, 7, 8 and 10, had gone to the grocery shop to purchase a cake.
Bankura: Four minor girls, aged between five and ten, have been raped by a 40-year old man in West Bengal's Bankura district, police said on Sunday.
The incident occurred at Rathtala area in Belatore on January 3 and the accused, identified as Rabi Lochan Dey, a grocery shop owner, was arrested on Saturday night, Superintendent of Police, Bankura, Mukesh Kumar said.
An FIR lodged with the police under Belatore police station by the guardians of the victims on Saturday said the four girls, aged 5, 7, 8 and 10, had gone to the grocery shop at around 3 pm to purchase a cake.
On the pretext of giving them cake, Dey called the girls to another room and committed the crime, the report said.
The matter came to light when one of the girls passed blood with her urine, police said, adding that the report of a medical test conducted on the girls at Bankura Sammilani Medical College Hospital was awaited.
Local people gathered outside the grocery shop in protest against the incident on Sunday morning but police dispersed the mob. Dey is due to be produced in court.
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC and National Company Law Tribunal
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Trump Takes Swipe at Adult Star Who Accused Him of Inappropriate Sexual Contact
- Barack Obama Trolls Donald Trump Over 'Mean Tweet' on Late Night TV
- Indian-American Governors Bobby Jindal, Nikki Haley Insulted by Trump