West Bengal: Woman set on fire after gangrape
The father alleged that his daughter was kidnapped by his neighbour and gangraped by him and his friends.
Siliguri: A 24-year old woman was set on fire on Wednesday after being allegedly abducted and gangraped by a neighbour and his friends at a village near Siliguri, police sources said.
According to an FIR lodged by the victim's father, Sunil Das of Ramajotha village, with the Bagdogra police, he found his daughter on fire at the house of his neighbour Santosh Barui after being informed by other villagers.
The woman was admitted to the North Bengal Medical College Hospital with severe burns, the sources said. The father alleged that his daughter was kidnapped by Barui on December 14 and gangraped by him and his friends after drugging her.
The FIR said that when the woman regained her senses and tried to escape, Barui allegedly poured kerosene and set her alight. The victim's father had earlier lodged an FIR on December 14 stating that his daughter was missing. The sources said that the case was being investigated.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Anaarkali of Aarah: Karan Johar Unveils Swara's Never-seen-before Avatar