West Bengal: Youth assaults folk singer in police station
She alleged that the youths abused them and one of them assaulted her in presence of policemen but they did not do anything.
Suri: Folk singer Swapna Chakraborty was allegedly assaulted in Suri police station by a youth when she had gone their to lodge a compliant of threat to her by a group of youths over a piece of land adjacent to her house in Suri in Birbhum district. Chakraborty said, "A group of youths raided my house this morning and threatened us with dire consequence. When I and my husband went to Suri police station to lodge a complaint those youths were present there."
She alleged that the youths abused them and one of them assaulted her in presence of policemen but they did not do anything. Following this, the singer returned home and told Superintendent of Police Murlidhar over phone what had happened.
Murlidhar, however, said, "She did not tell me that she was assaulted in the police station. The two parties
concerned went to Suri police station where some altercation took place. She told me that they were feeling insecured." Two cases were started based on two complaints lodged by both the sides, the SP said.
Recommended For You
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India