DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
West Bengal: Youth assaults folk singer in police station
She alleged that the youths abused them and one of them assaulted her in presence of policemen but they did not do anything.
Suri: Folk singer Swapna Chakraborty was allegedly assaulted in Suri police station by a youth when she had gone their to lodge a compliant of threat to her by a group of youths over a piece of land adjacent to her house in Suri in Birbhum district. Chakraborty said, "A group of youths raided my house this morning and threatened us with dire consequence. When I and my husband went to Suri police station to lodge a complaint those youths were present there."
She alleged that the youths abused them and one of them assaulted her in presence of policemen but they did not do anything. Following this, the singer returned home and told Superintendent of Police Murlidhar over phone what had happened.
Murlidhar, however, said, "She did not tell me that she was assaulted in the police station. The two parties
concerned went to Suri police station where some altercation took place. She told me that they were feeling insecured." Two cases were started based on two complaints lodged by both the sides, the SP said.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment