West Bengal: Youth strangles his mother to death
Police said the youth strangled his mother to death apparently in the fear of being exposed that he had failed to clear the test to appear for the Higher Secondary exam.
Barasat: A 19-year-old boy on Thursday strangulated his mother to death in North 24 Parganas district, apparently in fear of being exposed that he had failed to clear the test to appear for the Higher Secondary Examination, the police said.
Sourav Khilari first sprinkled chilli powder in the eyes of his mother Mousumi Khilari (45) and then strangulated her using a skipping rope, the sources said.
The woman managed to raise an alarm, following which their neighbours at Green Park under Belgharia police station reached there, broke open the door of their flat and found the woman lying dead.
The police came and arrested Sourav, the only child of Mousumi and her husband, a railway employee.
During interrogation, Sourav said he failed in the test examination and could not appear for the Higher Secondary examination. But he did not inform his parents about this.
As his friends started receiving admit cards for HS Examination, Sourav thought now his parents would get to know that he had failed in the test examination, the police said.
His mother used to look after his studies, the police said adding Sourav's father was at office when the incident occurred.
- Despite Bleak Electoral Map, Donald Trump Says, 'We Are Winning'
- Trump Calls Clinton 'Nasty Woman'; Voters Rally Behind her
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh