What is the cost of diamond necklace that Gadkari gifted to Modi, asks NCP
"Where is that necklace today? Has he kept it in his treasury ('toshakhana') or did he take it home," the NCP questioned.
NCP on Thursday sought to know the cost of the diamond necklace which former BJP president Nitin Gadkari recently presented to his party's prime ministerial candidate, Narendra Modi.
"When Modi was anointed BJP's PM nominee, party leaders garlanded him."
"The same day, Gadkari presented him with a diamond and pearl necklace. For some time, Modi wore it. Later, he removed it and handed it over to his private secretary or bodyguard," state NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik told reporters.
"Where is that necklace today? Has he kept it in his treasury ("toshakhana") or did he take it home or did he give it to a friend. This information should be given to the people of the country," Malik said.
"We also want to know what is the value of the necklace. Is it Rs 50 crore, or Rs 5 crore or Rs 50 lakh or Rs 5. The people are eager to know its cost," the NCP leader said.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right