What's Rs 100 crore club, asks 'Cocktail' director
'Cocktail' director Homi Adajania says he does not feel the pressure to be a part of the Rs 100 crore club.
Mumbai: Director Homi Adajania's, whose upcoming film Cocktail has already created a buzz with its fresh look and catchy music ahead of its release, says he does not feel the pressure to be a part of the Rs 100 crore club.
The romantic-comedy stars Saif Ali Khan, Deepika Padukone and newbie actress Diana Penty in the lead roles and has garnered one million views on You Tube in three days since the first look of the film released in May. The songs have already become chartbusters.
"I don't feel the pressure of Rs 100 crore club. I don't know what Rs 100 crore club means. The pressure is there in sense that someone else's money is at stake, so you make sure that you make a good film. I don't mind if someone gives me Rs 100 crore (box office collection) but all I want to do is tell a simple story. I hope that everyone's effort pays off. You get certain amount of satisfaction when the benefits reap," said Homi.
"I think I have done what was there in my ability for this film. I don't have any other pressure or worry because it is not in my control; it is pointless worrying about something that is not in your control. I hope the audience has fun," he said.
Asked if he feels half the battle is already won, Homi said, "I think Monday decides the battle not Friday and Saturday. Monday is when it takes its own first steps. And then it is not in your control, it is all about what the content is and whether the audience is enjoying it or not." The film is being made under Saif's banner Illuminati Films and will release on July 13.
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- Mosul Offensive Displaced 7,000 People: UN
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- Trump Takes Swipe at Adult Star Who Accused Him of Inappropriate Sexual Contact
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'