Wheat worth Rs 3.5 cr damaged in rain in Vadodara
Over 3,000 quintals of wheat was damaged due to rains over the last two days, BJP MP Balkrishna Shukla said on Sunday.
Vadodara: Over 3,000 quintals of wheat worth over Rs 3.5 crore was damaged due to rains over the last two days as local officials had failed to make proper storage arrangements, BJP MP Balkrishna Shukla said on Sunday.
"Food Corporation of India and Central Warehousing Corporation had kept 3,000 quintals of wheat in the open at the premises of FCI and CWC and Vadodara railway station. It was damaged due to rains that lashed the city over the last two days," Shukla told reporters.
He said that he would raise this issue during the question hour in the Lok Sabha on Monday and demand stern action against the officials responsible.
Shukla, along with Vadodara district collector Vinod Rao, on Sunday visited the site where wheat was stored in the open.
Shukla said that the FCI and Central Warehousing Corporation had blamed the contractor for not storing the grain properly.
District Collector Rao said, "This stock of wheat worth Rs 3.5 crore was received from Madhya Pradesh," adding that he expected action from the concerned authorities in this regard.
- Triple Talaq Seriously Affecting Freedom, Rights of Women, Says BJP's Tamil Nadu Unit
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary