Wheat worth Rs 3.5 cr damaged in rain in Vadodara
Over 3,000 quintals of wheat was damaged due to rains over the last two days, BJP MP Balkrishna Shukla said on Sunday.
Vadodara: Over 3,000 quintals of wheat worth over Rs 3.5 crore was damaged due to rains over the last two days as local officials had failed to make proper storage arrangements, BJP MP Balkrishna Shukla said on Sunday.
"Food Corporation of India and Central Warehousing Corporation had kept 3,000 quintals of wheat in the open at the premises of FCI and CWC and Vadodara railway station. It was damaged due to rains that lashed the city over the last two days," Shukla told reporters.
He said that he would raise this issue during the question hour in the Lok Sabha on Monday and demand stern action against the officials responsible.
Shukla, along with Vadodara district collector Vinod Rao, on Sunday visited the site where wheat was stored in the open.
Shukla said that the FCI and Central Warehousing Corporation had blamed the contractor for not storing the grain properly.
District Collector Rao said, "This stock of wheat worth Rs 3.5 crore was received from Madhya Pradesh," adding that he expected action from the concerned authorities in this regard.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner