DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Wheelchair facility introduced at Jodhpur railway station
<p>The Jodhpur Division of North-Western Railway on Friday introduced wheelchair facility for the disabled passengers at Jodhpur railway station.</p>
The Jodhpur Division of North-Western Railway on Friday introduced wheelchair facility for the disabled passengers at Jodhpur railway station.
Divisional Railway Manager Rajeev Sharma dedicated this service, and said, "This is for the first time that a service like this has been introduced at any railway station in the country. It is aimed at facilitating the disabled passengers."
Sharma said based upon the response of visitors and passengers, this service will be replicated at other stations of the division.
Railway spokesperson Gopal Sharma said the wheelchair facility could be availed by making a phone call. "Besides, the wheelchair could also be booked through the website, the confirmation of which would be sent through SMS," he said.
A user has to pay Rs 40 as porter charge. "The amount will be charged for the first half-an-hour, after which Rs 30 will be charged for every half-an-hour," he said.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet