When Raj Kumar faced rejection for 'Kai Po Che'
Raj Kumar Yadav admits he was only chosen once casting director Mukesh Chhabra came on board.
Mumbai: Actor Raj Kumar Yadav, who has portrayed the character of Govind in 'Kai Po Che', says he was earlier rejected for the same role. He admits he was only chosen once casting director Mukesh Chhabra came on board.
"Many people wouldn't know that earlier when it (the film) was with Excel Entertainment, there was another casting director and I had auditioned for the role of Govind and I was rejected."
"After that when Mukesh bhai came on board, a list was given to him that these people have auditioned and they are not to be called, my name was also there in it," Raj Kumar said here Friday at the Andheri Wassup fest.
"But hats off to him, he believed that I could play Govind and he called me and told me, 'You are my Govind, you will play it.' That really helped me, that boosted my confidence," he added.
Chhabra was also present here with another 'Kai Po Che' actor Amit Sadh for an interaction with the students on the importance of casting.
Amit is also all praise for the process of casting.
"The best thing about films today, other than the fact that we are giving great cinema, is that a (proper) process of casting has started. For outsiders who come from different cities, it is tough as they don't know where to go, whom to meet. So I think these are great times," he said.
Recommended For You
- Engineer Questions Nature of Pune Pitch, Slams Batsmen
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology