White House says will not immediately cut off aid to Egypt
It said it will take time to determine whether or not to label the Egyptian military's overthrow of the government as a coup.
Washington: The White House said on Monday that it is not in the best interests of the United States to immediately change its aid programme to Egypt.
White House spokesman Jay Carney said the United States government will take the time it needs to determine whether or not to label the Egyptian military's overthrow of the government as a coup, which would determine whether aid would continue.
"We do not believe it is in our interest to make a precipitous decision or determination now," Carney told reporters at a briefing.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh in India
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test