Who is Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah Haq
Sanaullah Haq is a resident of Dallowali near Sialkot in Pakistan has been convicted of bombing a bus in 1994 near Jammu.
New Delhi: Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah Haq was attacked a fellow inmate inside Jammu's Kot Bhalwal Jail on Friday morning has suffered serious injuries in right temporal lobe region and is in a very critical condition. Haq was attacked just a day after Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh died in a Pakistani hospital following a murderous assault in Lahore's Kot Lakhpat Jail.
Sanaullah Haq is a resident of Dallowali near Sialkot in Pakistan has been convicted of bombing a bus in 1994 near Jammu in which 10 people were killed. He was sentenced to life and had been imprisoned in Kot Bhalwal Jail.
He was allegedly attacked by Vinod Kumar, a former Indian Army soldier, who had been court-martialled for killing a fellow army personnel and recently moved to Kot Bhalwal from Leh.
Sources say the two men were seen smoking beedis together during a break in the jail when they started arguing and a scuffle ensued. Soon Kumar attacked Haq with a pickaxe, sources add.
The Pakistani prisoner has been admitted to Jammu's government medical college. Officials says he is in the ICU and could be shifted to Chandigarh's PGI as soon as his condition stabilises.
An inquiry has also been ordered into the incident. Speaking to CNN-IBN J&K Home Minister Sajjad Kichloo said, "This is unfortunate. I have directed Principal Secretary, Home, to initiate an inquiry." He also said that the Jail Superintendent Rajni Sehgal and other staff have been suspended.
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Parched Movie Review: Nuanced Performances, Heartfelt Storytelling Make It a Must Watch
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18