DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
WHO praises Bihar immunisation drive
WHO Representative in India Nata Menabde met Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and appreciated the efforts
Patna: World Health Organisation (WHO) appreciated the successful implementation of health programmes, particularly anti-polio and immunisation campaigns, in Bihar on Wednesday.
The appreciation was expressed by WHO Representative in India Nata Menabde after a meeting with Chief Minister Nitish Kumar in Patna.
Praising the anti-polio campaign, Menabde said Bihar had not registered a single case of polio in the last three years, an official statement said.
On the immunisation programme, he said the state had achieved 67 per cent immunisation against 61 per cent at the national level.
The WHO representative also discussed the state programme to check Tuberculosis.
Recommended For You
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- Nuzhat Fought Taboos to Play Cricket, Picked for ICC World Cup
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong