WHO praises Bihar immunisation drive
WHO Representative in India Nata Menabde met Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and appreciated the efforts
Patna: World Health Organisation (WHO) appreciated the successful implementation of health programmes, particularly anti-polio and immunisation campaigns, in Bihar on Wednesday.
The appreciation was expressed by WHO Representative in India Nata Menabde after a meeting with Chief Minister Nitish Kumar in Patna.
Praising the anti-polio campaign, Menabde said Bihar had not registered a single case of polio in the last three years, an official statement said.
On the immunisation programme, he said the state had achieved 67 per cent immunisation against 61 per cent at the national level.
The WHO representative also discussed the state programme to check Tuberculosis.
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology