Wife swapping case: AK Antony promises strong action
Last week a Navy officer was dismissed for having illicit relations with the wife of his superior.
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony on Tuesday promised to take strong action if anybody was found guilty in the alleged Kochi wife swapping case in which the wife of a navy officer has filed an FIR against her husband and his superiors.
"Whenever there is a complaint, we take strong action. After inquiry, if anyone is found guilty, we take strong action and exemplary punishment is given.This is our track record and this will continue.
"In the Kochi case also, three separate investigations are going on," he told reporters on the sidelines of the IAF Commanders' conference. In the Kochi case, the Defence Minister has taken a tough stand that a proper investigation should be done and guilty, if any, should be punished.
However, the Navy has been dismissive of the serious allegations levelled by the wife of the officer and had even told the Defence Ministry that there was no merit in the allegations. At the moment, three investigations are going on into the case which includes two investigations by the Delhi and Kerala police.
Antony has taken strong action against such cases in the armed forces and last week dismissed a Navy officer for having illicit relations with the wife of his superior.
Another officer posted onboard the country's only aircraft carrier INS Virat was dismissed after he was caught allegedly sending lewd messages to several women using multiple sim cards.
- UP Polls: Akhilesh Yadav's 'Vikas Rath Yatra' to Begin from November 3
- Shivpal Invites Nitish Kumar, Sharad Yadav to SP's 25th Anniversary Celebrations, Hints Alliance
- BJP Terms Family Feud in Samajwadi Party as 'Fixed Match'
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Shivpal Yadav Vacates Official Residence
- Donald Trump Will Be Next US President, Predicts Election Wizard
- India, New Zealand Sign Three Agreements
- Donald Trump's Daughter-in-Law Celebrates Diwali at Hindu Temple in US
- Donald Trump Says Would Probe Email Investigation of Hillary Clinton