DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
WIFW: Anita Dongre blends East with West
Dongre's collection is a strategically chosen mix of Indian and western silhouettes.
New Delhi: Anita Dongre's collection for the Autumn/Winter Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week 2011 is a strategically chosen mix of Indian and western silhouettes.
Her collection was on modern lines, teamed with broad leather belts and jockey caps. Most of the Indian brocades were defined with sleeker details underlined with black snugly-fitted jersey polo necks.
The red tonal velvets were creatively ornamented with gold embroideries. Blacks had a definition in silver threads.
The see-through surfaces had architectural motifs; progressing later into beiges, blues and pinks. It was a thematic representation.
The brocades were used extensively. Raw silks were pleated and pin-tucked in interesting shapes. The chunky antique jewellery by Amrapali added a rich sophisticated elegance.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh