WilkiLeaks case: Manning's family saddened by 35-year sentence
The statement from the family said Manning's intentions were good and he believed he was acting in the best interest of the US.
Hanovar: The family of US Army Pfc Bradley Manning says they are saddened and disappointed in the 35-year sentence he received for giving troves of military and government secrets to WikiLeaks.
Manning's attorney David Coombs read a statement from the family Wednesday during a news conference. The statement from the family said Manning's intentions were good and he believed he was acting in the best interest of the US. They also thanked his defense team and supporters around the world and said the fight was not over.
Manning's uncle Kevin Fox told BBC television that the soldier shouldn't have been given any time at all and he called him a hero. Fox is Welsh, like Manning's mother, who is
reportedly in poor health.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology