DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Will do everything for women's safety: Sheila Dikshit
Dikshit also stressed the need for deploying of women police personnel in adequate numbers at all police stations.
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Tuesday said that women's safety is a leading concern of her government and she will do everything possible for the purpose.
"My government will do everything possible to provide a conducive atmosphere for the women in the city," Dikshit said while chairing a meeting called to discuss issues relating to safety of women.
She also stressed the need for deploying of women police personnel in adequate numbers at all police stations so that women in distress do not hesitate to file complaints.
State Women and Child Welfare Minister Kiran Walia, Planning Commission member Sayeeda Hamid, Delhi Commission for Women chairperson Barkha Singh, representatives of leading NGOs and women rights groups and top officials were present at the meeting.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- KPS Gill Was India's Finest Hockey Administrator: Former Hockey Greats
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Pirates of The Caribbean-Salazar's Revenge Review: This One Doesn't Disappoint