Will do everything for women's safety: Sheila Dikshit
Dikshit also stressed the need for deploying of women police personnel in adequate numbers at all police stations.
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Tuesday said that women's safety is a leading concern of her government and she will do everything possible for the purpose.
"My government will do everything possible to provide a conducive atmosphere for the women in the city," Dikshit said while chairing a meeting called to discuss issues relating to safety of women.
She also stressed the need for deploying of women police personnel in adequate numbers at all police stations so that women in distress do not hesitate to file complaints.
State Women and Child Welfare Minister Kiran Walia, Planning Commission member Sayeeda Hamid, Delhi Commission for Women chairperson Barkha Singh, representatives of leading NGOs and women rights groups and top officials were present at the meeting.
- Debate Night: Clinton, Trump Set For High-Stakes Showdown
- Indus Water Treaty: Blood and Water Cannot Flow Together Says PM Modi
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ajit Doval, Jaishankar Attend Indus Waters Treaty Meet Chaired by PM Modi
- UK Police to Probe Pakistan-Born Actor's Anti-India Rant
- Sushma Swaraj To Pakistan: Stop Dreaming About Kashmir
- Watch: Gloves Off Ahead Of Sushma's UN Speech
- Sushma Swaraj at UNGA: As it Happened