Will do everything for women's safety: Sheila Dikshit
Dikshit also stressed the need for deploying of women police personnel in adequate numbers at all police stations.
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Tuesday said that women's safety is a leading concern of her government and she will do everything possible for the purpose.
"My government will do everything possible to provide a conducive atmosphere for the women in the city," Dikshit said while chairing a meeting called to discuss issues relating to safety of women.
She also stressed the need for deploying of women police personnel in adequate numbers at all police stations so that women in distress do not hesitate to file complaints.
State Women and Child Welfare Minister Kiran Walia, Planning Commission member Sayeeda Hamid, Delhi Commission for Women chairperson Barkha Singh, representatives of leading NGOs and women rights groups and top officials were present at the meeting.
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
- Boris Johnson's Anti-Brexit Article Made Public by UK Daily
- Britain's PM Theresa May Heads to India With Eye on Post-Brexit Trade
- MPs Would 'Debate and Scrutinise' the Process but not Vote on Plans: PM May on Brexit
- Akhilesh Targeted By Stepmother, Black Magic Used: SP MLC
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Watch: Talking point With Arunoday Mukharji