Will keep making films with or without stars: Zoya Akhtar
Zoya says that even if some day "stars" refuse to work with her, she won't stop making movies.
Mumbai: Filmmaker Zoya Akhtar has so far worked with popular actors in tinsel town but says that even if some day "stars" refuse to work with her, she won't stop making movies.
"If every star refuses to work with me, am I going to stop making movies? Not at all! So, I will keep making movies with or without them," Zoya said here recently.
Zoya has worked with stars like Hrithik Roshan, Katrina Kaif, Abhay Deol and even her actor-filmmaker brother Farhan Akhtar.
She admits the presence of known names spells business.
"Stars ensure an opening and that's why they are stars. They ensure eyeballs and they ensure people will notice your film. Some of them are amazing actors, who fit perfectly into a film. They are also very exciting to work with," she said.
As of now, Zoya awaits the release of 'Bombay Talkies', which includes one of her short films.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times