DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Will-Pawar solution to farmer suicides
Sharad Pawar advised farmers to increase their willpower, as 'suicides were not the way to tackle the problem'.
New Delhi: Farmers from more distressed states like Orissa, Bihar and Jharkhand do not commit suicide while their counterparts in prosperous states like Punjab, Maharashtra and Karnataka give in.
''Is it because they are more used to adversity?'' Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar raised the question during Question Hour in the Rajya Sabha on Friday.
''This should be looked into,'' he said replying to supplementaries on the circumstances and reasons of farmers committing suicides in Vidharba and other regions of the country where crops failed.
Pawar advised farmers to increase their willpower, as ''suicides were not the way to tackle the problem''.
Stressing the need for providing counseling facilities to the aggrieved farmers in the Vidharba belt, Pawar noted that organisations like the Art of Living of Sri Sri Ravishankar were doing some work in that direction.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?