Will Positively Consider if India Proposes Talks on HoA Sidelines: Pakistan
Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's Adviser on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz. (FILE PHOTO: GETTY IMAGES)
New Delhi: Ahead of a visit by its Foreign Advisor Sartaj Aziz's to India to attend Heart of Asia conference in Amritsar, Pakistan on Monday said it will "positively consider" if India, as a host, proposed a bilateral meeting on the sidelines of the forum.
However, none of the two has approached each other in this regard, Pakistan High Commissioner Abdul Basit said.
"As a host, if India approaches us with a proposal (for talks on the sidelines), Pakistan will positively consider it," Basit told a news channel.
Aziz's would be the first high-level visit from Pakistan after the announcement of Comprehensive Bilateral Dialogue (CBD) in December last year which never took off in the wake of terror strikes, including the Pathankot airbase attack by Pakistan-based terror groups in January, and subsequent incidents which led to intense tension between the two countries.
India has been non-committal about holding bilateral talks with Aziz but has made it clear that "talks and terror cannot go hand in hand".
Recommended For You
- CLOSE SHAVEUmpire Paul Reiffel Retires Hurt After Being Hit by Bhuvneshwar Kumar's Throw
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- Amazing VoiceThis Kolkata Security Guard's Golden Voice Is Winning Hearts On The Internet
- Fashion Awards 2016International Model Of The Year: Gigi Hadid's Best Fashion Moments Of 2016
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly