Williams F1 add new aero staff from Lotus and Red Bull
Dave Wheater will join Williams from Lotus to become Head of Aerodynamic Performance, reporting to existing Head of Aerodynamics Jason Somerville.
England: Williams have strengthened their aerodynamics line-up for the 2014 Formula 1 season, recruiting men from Lotus and Red Bull. Dave Wheater will join Williams from Lotus to become Head of Aerodynamic Performance, reporting to existing Head of Aerodynamics Jason Somerville.
"Also supporting Jason as we move forward will be Shaun Whitehead, previously of Red Bull Racing, who joins as Head of Aerodynamic Process," Williams said in a statement.
Commenting on the new appointments, Somerville said: "I'm very pleased to have secured the first class talents of Dave and Shaun, both of whom have enviable track records within F1. With the exciting challenges ahead for 2014, I am confident they will both add strength and experience to the team here at Grove."
Pat Symonds, Williams Chief Technical Officer, added: "These two appointments show our commitment to both improving the process of aerodynamic development while focussing on the application of that development to true on-track performance. Dave and Shaun bring a wealth of experience to our team and I welcome them both to Grove and fully expect them to make significant contributions to the renewed competitiveness that we are all working so hard to achieve."
- ISL 2016 Kicks Off with a Star-Studded Opening Ceremony
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Watch: Masand's Verdict on MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Narrow Escape From Electric Shock For Rahul Gandhi in Agra
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif