DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Williams sisters among five past champs in US Open
Serena Williams and her sister Venus are among five past champions getting direct entry into the US Open women's main draw.
White Plains: Top-ranked Serena Williams and her sister Venus are among five past champions getting direct entry into the US Open women's main draw. They're also two of 10 Americans in the provisional field, the most of any country.
The US Tennis Association said on Thursday that 100 of the top 102 in the WTA rankings are in the field. Serena Williams has won four of her 16 Grand Slam singles titles at Flushing Meadows, including last year, while Venus Williams won the tournament in 2000 and 2001.
Other past champions in the field are Maria Sharapova, Sam Stosur and Svetlana Kuznetsova, along with two-time Australian Open winner Victoria Azarenka and recent Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli.
The hard-court tournament begins on August 26.
Recommended For You
- Bollywood Stars Attend Karan Johar's Birthday Bash
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Tubelight: Salman-Starrer Looks Like Innocent Adventure Filled With Belief
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs