Wimbledon finalist Radwanska battling illness
Agnieszka Radwanska cancelled a news conference on Friday because of a respiratory illness.
London: Wimbledon finalist Agnieszka Radwanska cancelled a news conference on Friday because of a respiratory illness that made it difficult for her to speak.
Radwanska is scheduled to meet four-time Wimbledon champion Serena Williams for the title on Saturday.
Radwanska played with the ailment on Thursday, when she beat Angelique Kerber 6-3, 6-4 and became the first Polish player to reach a Grand Slam final since 1939. Her news conference after the match was cut short when she had a coughing fit, and her media session on Friday was cancelled shortly before it was scheduled to begin.
A WTA spokesman said she was having trouble talking.
Radwanska pulled out of women's doubles shortly before a match on Wednesday because of the illness.
Recommended For You
- India Open 2017: It's Saina Nehwal Versus PV Sindhu In Quarters
- Virat Kohli & Co Not Scared of Playing Pakistan: Shahid Afridi
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia
- Alia, Anushka, Kangana And Priyanka Have This One Thing In Common
- Looking For a Solution For Everything Construction Related?