Wimbledon finalist Radwanska battling illness
Agnieszka Radwanska cancelled a news conference on Friday because of a respiratory illness.
London: Wimbledon finalist Agnieszka Radwanska cancelled a news conference on Friday because of a respiratory illness that made it difficult for her to speak.
Radwanska is scheduled to meet four-time Wimbledon champion Serena Williams for the title on Saturday.
Radwanska played with the ailment on Thursday, when she beat Angelique Kerber 6-3, 6-4 and became the first Polish player to reach a Grand Slam final since 1939. Her news conference after the match was cut short when she had a coughing fit, and her media session on Friday was cancelled shortly before it was scheduled to begin.
A WTA spokesman said she was having trouble talking.
Radwanska pulled out of women's doubles shortly before a match on Wednesday because of the illness.
Recommended For You
- #TheTechAndAutoShowThe Tech and Auto Show: OnePlus 3T Vs OnePlus 3, Toyota Prius And More
- Fallout of Indo-Pak Tension?Wasim Akram to Miss IPL 2017 Due to 'Professional Commitments'
- CAPTAIN MARVELVirat Kohli: The Milestone Man
- Movie ReviewBefikre Review: A Glossy, Predictable Indian Love Story
- MR CONSISTENTVirat Kohli Retains Second Spot In ICC ODI Rankings