Wimbledon finalist Radwanska battling illness
Agnieszka Radwanska cancelled a news conference on Friday because of a respiratory illness.
London: Wimbledon finalist Agnieszka Radwanska cancelled a news conference on Friday because of a respiratory illness that made it difficult for her to speak.
Radwanska is scheduled to meet four-time Wimbledon champion Serena Williams for the title on Saturday.
Radwanska played with the ailment on Thursday, when she beat Angelique Kerber 6-3, 6-4 and became the first Polish player to reach a Grand Slam final since 1939. Her news conference after the match was cut short when she had a coughing fit, and her media session on Friday was cancelled shortly before it was scheduled to begin.
A WTA spokesman said she was having trouble talking.
Radwanska pulled out of women's doubles shortly before a match on Wednesday because of the illness.
Recommended For You
- World RecordSubstitute Bangladesh Wicketkeeper Imrul Kayes Sets World Record
- revisiting old times!Rekha Is Ditching Kanjivaram Saris For Something Strange These Days
- pune odiKedar Jadhav Gave Us No Chance, Says England Captain Eoin Morgan
- The Next GalaxySamsung Galaxy S8 Revealed: Price, Specs And Everything Else You Need to Know
- Musical magicJaipur Literature Festival 2017: Shillong Choir, Raghu Dixit, Swanand Kirkire to Perform This Year