DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Wimbledon finalist Radwanska battling illness
Agnieszka Radwanska cancelled a news conference on Friday because of a respiratory illness.
London: Wimbledon finalist Agnieszka Radwanska cancelled a news conference on Friday because of a respiratory illness that made it difficult for her to speak.
Radwanska is scheduled to meet four-time Wimbledon champion Serena Williams for the title on Saturday.
Radwanska played with the ailment on Thursday, when she beat Angelique Kerber 6-3, 6-4 and became the first Polish player to reach a Grand Slam final since 1939. Her news conference after the match was cut short when she had a coughing fit, and her media session on Friday was cancelled shortly before it was scheduled to begin.
A WTA spokesman said she was having trouble talking.
Radwanska pulled out of women's doubles shortly before a match on Wednesday because of the illness.
Recommended For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017