Wimbledon finalist Radwanska battling illness
Agnieszka Radwanska cancelled a news conference on Friday because of a respiratory illness.
London: Wimbledon finalist Agnieszka Radwanska cancelled a news conference on Friday because of a respiratory illness that made it difficult for her to speak.
Radwanska is scheduled to meet four-time Wimbledon champion Serena Williams for the title on Saturday.
Radwanska played with the ailment on Thursday, when she beat Angelique Kerber 6-3, 6-4 and became the first Polish player to reach a Grand Slam final since 1939. Her news conference after the match was cut short when she had a coughing fit, and her media session on Friday was cancelled shortly before it was scheduled to begin.
A WTA spokesman said she was having trouble talking.
Radwanska pulled out of women's doubles shortly before a match on Wednesday because of the illness.
Recommended For You
- New Chevrolet Beat to Launch in India on May 25
- OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Review: The Best Black Phone That Money Can Buy
- Baahubali 2: Prabhas, Rana's Powerful Performances Make it Film of 2017
- BCCI & COA Divided on Champions Trophy Pull Out After ICC Snub
- Baahubali 2 Breaks Dangal's Record; 1 Million Advanced Tickets Booked