Win international sports medal, get promoted
The union cabinet has approved a policy to give promotions in the service for winning medal to sportspersons.
New Delhi: The government has decided to give out of turn promotions to sportspersons who win medals in international events like Olympic Games, Commonwealth Games, Asian Games and World Championships.
The union cabinet on Thursday approved a policy to give up to three out of turn promotions in the service for winning medals to sportspersons. The decision was announced on Friday.
Officials said the sportsperson winning a medal or more than one medal in a game/team events/championships in a particular year will be eligible for an out of turn promotion in that year.
Further record-breaking medal winning performance in national games will also be considered for one out of turn promotion during the service.
Two out of turn promotions will be given for performance as a coach, if he/she has trained a sportsperson who wins a medal in international sports events.
This would be in addition to the monetary reward scheme already in existence for all medal winners in international sports events and their coaches where up to Rs 50 lakh is given.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology