DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Windows 8 Pro upgrade will cost $200 from February 1
A blog post by Brandon LeBlanc on the official Windows blog details the new pricing for Windows 8 Pro upgrade edition, starting February 1.
New Delhi: A blog post by Brandon LeBlanc on the official Windows blog details the new pricing for Windows 8 Pro upgrade edition, starting February 1. Upgrading to Windows 8 will cost you $200 (Rs 11,000) instead of just $40 (Rs 2,200) right now.
This promotional offer was an initiative from Microsoft to get more people to adopt Windows 8 and as of November 2011, Microsoft had sold more than 40 million licenses.
Here are some of the details on the new pricing straight from the blog post:
- The Windows 8 Pro upgrade edition will be available online and at retail for $199.99 MSRP (US).
- The Windows 8 upgrade edition will be available online and at retail for $119.99 MSRP (US).
- The Windows 8 Pro Pack will cost $99.99 MSRP (US).
- The Windows 8 Media Center Pack will cost $9.99 MSRP (US).
Those looking for a cheaper option to upgrade post January 31 will have the option of a different upgrade edition and not the Pro version. This version of Windows 8 will be cheaper at $120, but will have lesser features as compared to the Pro version.
While this is still not as cheap as the current promotional price, it's still better than shelling out $200. Windows Media Center pack, which is available for free for a limited time will soon cost you $10. Thankfully, we have XBMC as a very good alternative in case you didn't get it for free during the promotional offer.
To read more visit: www.tech2.com
Recommended For You
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere