Windows 8 sales rate higher than Windows 7, says Microsoft CEO
Windows 7 is the best-selling version of Windows so far, selling more than 670 million licenses in three years.
San Francisco: Microsoft Corp Chief Executive Steve Ballmer said on Monday sales of the company's new Windows 8 operating system, released to the public on Friday, were running at a higher rate than its last release, Windows 7.
"We're above where we were with Windows 7," Ballmer told the audience at an event launching new phones running Microsoft's phone software called Windows Phone 8.
Windows 7 is the best-selling version of Windows so far, selling more than 670 million licenses in three years since release in 2009.
Recommended For You
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Ross Taylor Achieves Milestone ODI Century