Windows 8 sales rate higher than Windows 7, says Microsoft CEO
Windows 7 is the best-selling version of Windows so far, selling more than 670 million licenses in three years.
San Francisco: Microsoft Corp Chief Executive Steve Ballmer said on Monday sales of the company's new Windows 8 operating system, released to the public on Friday, were running at a higher rate than its last release, Windows 7.
"We're above where we were with Windows 7," Ballmer told the audience at an event launching new phones running Microsoft's phone software called Windows Phone 8.
Windows 7 is the best-selling version of Windows so far, selling more than 670 million licenses in three years since release in 2009.
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- Rampant Borussia Dortmund Will Put Stuttering Real Madrid to the Test
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- US Presidential Debate: Bollywood Stars Share Their Opinions on Twitter