Winfrey: Armstrong interview will satisfy viewers
Oprah Winfrey says she and her TV crew were "mesmerized and riveted" by some of Lance Armstrong's answers.
New York: Oprah Winfrey says she and her TV crew were "mesmerized and riveted" by some of Lance Armstrong's answers during a 2 1/2-hour interview in which the cyclist acknowledged using performance-enhancing drugs.
Speaking on 'CBS This Morning,' Winfrey talked about how Monday's interview was arranged over a lunch with Armstrong in Hawaii and said he seemed ready to answer tough questions about drug use during a career in which he won seven Tour de France titles - victories now stripped from him.
Describing Armstrong's demeanor, Winfrey says, "I felt that he was thoughtful, I thought that he was serious, I thought that he certainly had prepared for this moment. I would say that he met the moment." She says she was "satisfied" with the answers.
Winfrey adds that no lawyers were allowed in the room during the interview and that during a break Armstrong asked if there would be a point when the questions would lighten up.
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- India Sabotaging Peace In The Region: Pakistan
- India identifies five terror camps across LoC
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against UN-Designated Terrorist Outfits
- Watch: Build- Up To The Surgical Strike Across LoC
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18