Winter chill intensifies in Uttar Pradesh
<p>Cold wave intensified in Uttar Pradesh on Friday as minimum temperature dipped at several places in the state disrupting normal life.</p>
Cold wave intensified in Uttar Pradesh on Friday as minimum temperature dipped at several places in the state disrupting normal life.
Najibabad (Bijnore) remained the coldest place in the state at 2.4 degrees Celsius, followed by Kanpur city, which recorded the minimum temperature at 3.5 degree Celsius, each 5 degrees below normal.
Clouds hovered over Lucknow, which recorded a minimum temperature of 5 degrees Celsius, 3 deg below normal, they said adding that maximum temperature also dipped in several districts.
Moradabad which recorded the maximum temperature at 13.8 degree Celsius was seven degrees below normal and Orai with 15.6 degrees Celsius was six degrees below normal.
They said that night temperatures were appreciably below normal in Kanpur, Lucknow division and below normal in Gorakhpur, Moradabad divisions.
The MeT office has predicted rain or thundershowers at isolated places in western Uttar Pradesh while weather would be mainly dry in eastern Uttar Pradesh. Fog would occur at a few places over eastern Uttar Pradesh.
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Congress Hits Out at CM Fadnavis Over 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release, Calls Him 'Broker'
- Had Opposed MNS's Rs 5 Crore Demand in Meeting: Fadnavis
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Controversy: Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis