With Delhi Boy Stranded in Kuwait, AAP MLA Tweets to Sushma
The father of a 24-year-old boy from Delhi’s Malviya Nagar has claimed that his son is being confined illegally by his employer in Kuwait for the last month and being beaten every day for refusing to carry out work for them.
Seen here is the FIR lodged by Intazar's father about him being stranded in Kuwait. (Picture Courtesy: Somnath Bharti on Twitter)
New Delhi: The father of a 24-year-old boy from Delhi’s Malviya Nagar has claimed that his son is being confined illegally by his employer in Kuwait for the last month and being beaten every day for refusing to carry out work for them.
Mohammed Sikandar, the father of 24-year-old Intazar Khan, met his local MLA Somnath Bharti, who then wrote to External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj seeking her intervention in the matter.
Bharti, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) MLA from Malviya Nagar, also tweeted a copy of the family’s FIR to Sushma Swaraj saying, “@SushmaSwaraj mam, one young man of my constituency is held up illegally against his wish in Kuwait. Plz help him.”
Speaking to News18, Mohammed Sikandar said his son Intazar Khan left for Saudi Arabia in May last year.
“My son flew to Riyadh on May 29 last year via Abu Dhabi. In Saudi Arabia, he worked as a waiter in a restaurant. For about five months, he worked there as a waiter. In November, my son’s employer told him to shift to Kuwait since there was a new restaurant coming up there. When my son refused to go to Kuwait, they forcibly put him in a car and drove him to the Kuwait border. That was when we lost touch with him," said Mohammed Sikandar.
Sikandar, a tailor by profession, added, “On February 10, we got a call from a stranger in Kuwait with a message from my son. The man on the phone said that my son is being confined illegally in a room without any food or water and is being beaten every single day. My son is a graduate but they are forcing him to do construction work... All I want is to have my son safely back home. When we got no response, we decided to meet our MLA. He has assured us all help and said he will also raise the matter with Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal.”
Bharti said he, too, was “disappointed” by the lack of response and would continue to apply pressure on the Centre.
“This is a matter of grave concern and I am disappointed that Sushma Ji has not yet responded. It has been five days since the FIR was registered and yet, there is no response from the police. I have sent a letter to Sushma Ji and I will also take up the matter with the Delhi Chief Minister. We will ensure that Intazar comes back home safely. This matter is a priority for me.”
Recommended For You
- 2018 Upcoming Sedans to Launch in India – Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Toyota Vios And More
- After Rio Setback, Vinesh Phogat Eyes Redemption at Tokyo
- Kriti Sanon Turns Up the Heat With Topless Shoot For Dabboo Ratnani Calendar
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Top Upcoming Deals on Smartphones, Electronics, Games And More
- These Qualities will Determine If You're a Morning or Night Person