DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Woman, 70, found alive 4 days after Japan tsunami
Rescuers have found a 70-year-old woman alive four days after the disaster struck.
SOMA:Rescuers have found a 70-year-old woman alive four days after the disaster struck. Osaka fire department spokesman Yuko Kotani says the woman was found inside her house that was washed away by the tsunami in northeastern Japan's Iwate prefecture.
The rescuers from Osaka, in western Japan, were sent to the area for disaster relief.
Kotani said the woman was conscious but suffering from hypothermia and is being treated at a hospital. She would not give the woman's name.
Her rescue was a rare bit of news for Japanese traumatized by the disaster.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer Gives Detailed Glimpse of Vulture
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- 1st ODI: Morgan Slams Ton As England Crush South Africa