DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Woman allegedly commits suicide with her children
SP said that Sonia allegedly poured kerosene over her children and set them on fire, in their sleep before she herself committed suicide.
Medininagar: A 28-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide by setting herself on fire after she set her three minor children on fire at Avsane village in Palamu district, police said on Monday.
Sonia Devi had a quarrel over an issue related to the family and allegedly committed suicide along with her three children, including a two-and-half month old daughter, Sarswati at midnight, Superintendent of Police, Anup T Mathew told newsmen.
Sonia allegedly poured kerosene over her children, including twin sons-Vikas and Sonam (two and half-years-old) and set them on fire in their sleep before she herself committed suicide, the SP said. All the three children were burnt alive while Sonia succumbed to her burn injuries two hours later, Mathew said.
Sonia's husband, Dilip Ram, who was working as a labourer in a company in Bangaluru, had returned home two months ago and was suffering from a serious disease, the villagers said. Police said investigations were on to unearth the reason behind the incident.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users