Woman arrested for colluding with husband to sell their children
Police said the woman was arrested in Kasargod on charges of colluding with her husband in selling their children for quick money.
Kasargod: The mother of two children, who were sold for pecuniary benefits by her husband for Rs 1.60 lakh, has been arrested, police said on Saturday.
The woman was arrested in Kasargod on Friday night on charges of colluding with her husband in selling their children for quick money, police said.
The incident came to light after the woman had filed a complaint alleging harassment and torture by her 31-year-old husband, a casual labourer.
The man had sold his eight-month-old son about 18 months ago to a person hailing from Kunthapura in Karnataka for Rs 60000 and the second son to a person in Mangalore for Rs one lakh, police said.
Investigations helped trace the younger child from Mangalore, while each is on for the missing other child, police said.
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- The Camps: Split Wide Open in UP's First Family, Who Stands Where
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav Dumps Shivpal Yadav, Three other ministers
- Mulayam Vs Akhilesh: Old Values Vs New Thinking
- Akhilesh Yadav Rebuffs Formation Of New Party, Says Will Remain With SP
- Samajwadi Party Meet Live: Mulayam Tries to Broker Peace, Appeals To Akhilesh & Shivpal To Work Together
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal