DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Woman attacked with acid for saying no to sex
The 24-year-old woman suffered burns when two young men threw acid on her face and body.
Ranchi: A woman suffered acid attack after she spurned two young men's advances in Jharkhand's Jamtara district, say local media reports.
The 24-year-old married woman (name withheld) suffered burns on Sunday when the two young men threw acid on her face and body. The attack took place at Bagdehari village of Jamtara district, around 350 km from Ranchi, when she had gone to ease herself by a pond in the village.
The duo allegedly caught her and asked her to have sex with them. When she refused, they threw acid on her.
The woman was visiting her parents in the village. Based on her statement, two men - Khokhan and Swapan - have been named as the attackers.
According to the woman's family members, the duo had been trying to have sex with her before she got married.
In a similar incident, a girl was attacked with acid in Dhanbad.
A few days ago in Ranchi, a handwritten poster had threatened girls wearing jeans with acid attacks.
Recommended For You
- Kohli Feels India Well-Equipped to Defend Champions Trophy Crown
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Champions Trophy: No Room for Mistakes, Says Kane Williamson
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere