Woman attacked with acid for saying no to sex
The 24-year-old woman suffered burns when two young men threw acid on her face and body.
Ranchi: A woman suffered acid attack after she spurned two young men's advances in Jharkhand's Jamtara district, say local media reports.
The 24-year-old married woman (name withheld) suffered burns on Sunday when the two young men threw acid on her face and body. The attack took place at Bagdehari village of Jamtara district, around 350 km from Ranchi, when she had gone to ease herself by a pond in the village.
The duo allegedly caught her and asked her to have sex with them. When she refused, they threw acid on her.
The woman was visiting her parents in the village. Based on her statement, two men - Khokhan and Swapan - have been named as the attackers.
According to the woman's family members, the duo had been trying to have sex with her before she got married.
In a similar incident, a girl was attacked with acid in Dhanbad.
A few days ago in Ranchi, a handwritten poster had threatened girls wearing jeans with acid attacks.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Which Visiting Spinner's Performance in India Has Been the Best?