DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Woman attempts suicide by jumping before Metro, loses legs
The woman was waiting at Welcome station at the farthest point of the platform and the CCTV could not capture her image.
New Delhi: A 28-year-old woman, who was believed to be mentally disturbed, on Thursday allegedly attempted suicide by jumping before a moving train at a Metro station in east Delhi. The woman was rushed to a GTB Hospital in Dilshad Garden in east Delhi where doctors amputated both her legs.
The woman, who resides in Dilshad Garden, was waiting for a Metro train at Welcome station at the very beginning of the platform and CCTV could not capture her image.
As the train approached the platform, the woman jumped before the train but the driver applied emergency brakes. The woman was immediately taken off the platform and rushed to the hospital with severe injuries to her leg, sources said.
The incident around noon led to delay in services on the Line 1 (Dilshad Garden to Rithala).
Recommended For You
- Not Just T20, Want to Do Well in Other Formats As Well, Says Krunal
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer Gives Detailed Glimpse of Vulture
- 1st ODI: Morgan Slams Ton As England Crush South Africa