Woman held at Mumbai airport for smuggling Ketamine
Gopi Janki, who hails from Chennai, but is currently staying in Thane district, was intercepted on Monday night.
Mumbai: A 41-year-old housewife was arrested from Mumbai International Airport for allegedly trying to smuggle out five kg of Ketamine drugs worth Rs 50 lakh to Kuala Lumpur, a customs official said on Tuesday.
Gopi Janki, who hails from Chennai, but is currently staying in Thane district, was intercepted on Monday night when she was to board a flight to Kuala Lumpur. According to custom officials, Janki used to frequently smuggle drugs out of the country and in the past had gone to Malaysia four times.
"The arrested person is a housewife and lives with her family in Chennai. She has been caught with 5kg of Ketamine worth Rs 50 lakh," an officer posted at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Airport said.
Janki, who has a son and a daughter, has been booked under stringent sections of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act, he added.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement