Woman held at Mumbai airport for smuggling Ketamine
Gopi Janki, who hails from Chennai, but is currently staying in Thane district, was intercepted on Monday night.
Mumbai: A 41-year-old housewife was arrested from Mumbai International Airport for allegedly trying to smuggle out five kg of Ketamine drugs worth Rs 50 lakh to Kuala Lumpur, a customs official said on Tuesday.
Gopi Janki, who hails from Chennai, but is currently staying in Thane district, was intercepted on Monday night when she was to board a flight to Kuala Lumpur. According to custom officials, Janki used to frequently smuggle drugs out of the country and in the past had gone to Malaysia four times.
"The arrested person is a housewife and lives with her family in Chennai. She has been caught with 5kg of Ketamine worth Rs 50 lakh," an officer posted at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Airport said.
Janki, who has a son and a daughter, has been booked under stringent sections of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act, he added.
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- BSF Says 7 Pakistani Rangers, Terrorist Killed Along Jammu Border, Pak Denies
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18