DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Woman held at Mumbai airport for smuggling Ketamine
Gopi Janki, who hails from Chennai, but is currently staying in Thane district, was intercepted on Monday night.
Mumbai: A 41-year-old housewife was arrested from Mumbai International Airport for allegedly trying to smuggle out five kg of Ketamine drugs worth Rs 50 lakh to Kuala Lumpur, a customs official said on Tuesday.
Gopi Janki, who hails from Chennai, but is currently staying in Thane district, was intercepted on Monday night when she was to board a flight to Kuala Lumpur. According to custom officials, Janki used to frequently smuggle drugs out of the country and in the past had gone to Malaysia four times.
"The arrested person is a housewife and lives with her family in Chennai. She has been caught with 5kg of Ketamine worth Rs 50 lakh," an officer posted at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Airport said.
Janki, who has a son and a daughter, has been booked under stringent sections of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act, he added.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- With An Arched Brow, Roger Moore Found Humor In Bond, Life
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO