Woman killed, 17 injured in J-K terror attack
Terrorists ambushed three Army vehicles and a civilian bus in Rajouri district on Wednesday morning.
Jammu: A woman was killed and 17, including two soldiers, injured when terrorists ambushed three army vehicles and a civilian bus in Jammu and Kashmir's Rajouri district on Wednesday, army sources said.
Terrorists attacked the army vehicles and the bus at Thanna Mandi area's Dera-ki-Gali, around 8,000 feet above sea level and about 190 km north of Jammu.
"Three army vehicles and a civilian bus came under heavy gunfire from the terrorists hiding in a maize field. Two soldiers were injured," said a senior army officer based in Nagrota, headquarters of the 16 Corps.
A woman identified as Kiran Balla from Poonch was killed and several passengers injured in the gunfire, he said, adding that the soldiers did not retaliate.
"On whom could we have fired back? They (terrorists) took cover in the thick maize field," the officer said.
The maize, standing at more than six feet tall, is hampering search operations, he added.
Recommended For You
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner