Woman killed, 17 injured in J-K terror attack
Terrorists ambushed three Army vehicles and a civilian bus in Rajouri district on Wednesday morning.
Jammu: A woman was killed and 17, including two soldiers, injured when terrorists ambushed three army vehicles and a civilian bus in Jammu and Kashmir's Rajouri district on Wednesday, army sources said.
Terrorists attacked the army vehicles and the bus at Thanna Mandi area's Dera-ki-Gali, around 8,000 feet above sea level and about 190 km north of Jammu.
"Three army vehicles and a civilian bus came under heavy gunfire from the terrorists hiding in a maize field. Two soldiers were injured," said a senior army officer based in Nagrota, headquarters of the 16 Corps.
A woman identified as Kiran Balla from Poonch was killed and several passengers injured in the gunfire, he said, adding that the soldiers did not retaliate.
"On whom could we have fired back? They (terrorists) took cover in the thick maize field," the officer said.
The maize, standing at more than six feet tall, is hampering search operations, he added.
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Barack Obama, Leonardo DiCaprio to Discuss Climate Change at White House Event
- UN Chief Ban Ki-Moon Lauds India's Decision to Ratify Paris Pact on Climate Change
- Nitish Kumar is CM Thanks to Lalu Prasad: Amar Singh
- US Presidential Debate: Bollywood Stars Share Their Opinions on Twitter
- US Presidential Debate: Clinton and Trump Spar on Economy and Jobs
- Some Reactions Around the World To First Trump-Clinton Debate
- US Presidential Debate: Why Donald Trump's Sniffles Had Internet Choking