Woman killed in Punjab for bearing daughters
Punjab has a skewed sex ratio of 893 females per 1,000 males, one of the lowest among the states.
Chandigarh: A woman was allegedly strangulated to death by her husband in Punjab's Tarn Taran district as he was upset that she had given birth to three daughters, police said.
Paramjit Kaur, 35, who was married in Chabaal village of Tarn Taran, 270 km from Chandigarh, was allegedly murdered by Nishan Singh.
Her brother Surjit Singh told police that Nishan Singh used to beat and torture her earlier also when the couple had two daughters as he wanted to have a son.
Police officials said that they have registered a case on the basis of a complaint from Surjit Singh. They were looking for Nishan Singh, who is absconding.
Punjab has a skewed sex ratio of 893 females per 1,000 males, one of the lowest among the states. The preference for a male child among people is dominant in the state.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines