Woman puts up 300 posters in New York subway to find missing love
<p>With Valentine's Day round the corner, a woman has put up 300 posters all across New York's subway stations looking for a man she fell in love with while riding on a train.</p>
With Valentine's Day round the corner, a woman has put up 300 posters all across New York's subway stations looking for a man she fell in love with while riding on a train.
A chance encounter in the city's subway motivated Maria Vila to find love that went missing and it is the way she is going about it that has been getting attention. Peculiar new posters have been surfacing in several New York City subway stations that claim to be looking for a "missing love". The advertisement tells New Yorkers to "pay attention" because someone's heart is at stake.
Vila, an artist from Chile whose missed connection underground, has launched the crusade. "I saw this guy in the subway and I thought 'he's so beautiful,'" Vila told PIX11 TV, recounting the day she had her encounter. "I want to connect with him."
However, the mystery man vanished in the crowd before Vila could approach him. "I lost him and I was like oh my God. I'm in New York," she said. "It's now or never and I said I'm going to go looking for him and I will find him. In what she calls "action art," Vila printed 300 posters detailing the man's description and what happened on the fateful day, posting them in numerous subway stations across the city.
"I'm saying 'pay attention New York,' because this is such a great city and all the people together I don't know, maybe we can (all) find him." While friends are calling her crazy, Vila insists there is a method to her madness. "I have a lot of friends who tell me you're crazy (and) that this is weird. Poor man!" she said. "But I'm like no, this is not crazy it's romantic."
- Resolve Differences Through Diplomacy: US to India, Pakistan
- Team India Arrives in Kolkata For Second Test
- Eden Track Will Not Turn Much, Says Sourav Ganguly
- India Accounts for 75% of Casualties Due to Air Pollution: WHO
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- SRK Turns Into a DJ for Radio Show and His First Mix Will Leave You in Splits
- Maruti Suzuki's 'MS Dhoni Inspired' Alto and Alto K10 Special Edition Unveiled
- Google Allo: A New Messaging App That Seeks to Rival WhatsApp, Facebook