Woman raped by 4 men, dies in Ranchi hospital
The woman was thrashed brutally after rape and was left injured on the roadside.
Ranchi: A middle-aged woman, who was gangraped and beaten up by her assaulters, died in a hospital in Jharkhand capital on Monday, police said.
According to police, the woman took an auto-rickshaw on Sunday night from the Ashoknagar colony area for her home in Kadru, but the driver suddenly stopped the vehicle near the Sahjanand roundabout and raped her along with four others.
The woman, who is yet to be identified, was thrashed brutally after rape and was left injured on the roadside. On Monday morning, a girl spotted her and informed the police. She was immediately rushed to the Rajendra Institute of Medical Science (RIMS) for treatment but died on the way to the hospital, police said.
An operation has been launched to arrest the auto driver and his accomplices, police said.
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Watch: MNS Asks Pakistani Artistes To Leave In 48 Hours or Face Consequences
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
- Pakistan Needs To Stop Terror From Its Soil: B'desh Envoy
- Race to White House is Real, Not Reality TV: Hillary Clinton
- UN Should Consider Declaring Pakistan a Terror State: Bangladesh Envoy