Woman raped by 4 men, dies in Ranchi hospital
The woman was thrashed brutally after rape and was left injured on the roadside.
Ranchi: A middle-aged woman, who was gangraped and beaten up by her assaulters, died in a hospital in Jharkhand capital on Monday, police said.
According to police, the woman took an auto-rickshaw on Sunday night from the Ashoknagar colony area for her home in Kadru, but the driver suddenly stopped the vehicle near the Sahjanand roundabout and raped her along with four others.
The woman, who is yet to be identified, was thrashed brutally after rape and was left injured on the roadside. On Monday morning, a girl spotted her and informed the police. She was immediately rushed to the Rajendra Institute of Medical Science (RIMS) for treatment but died on the way to the hospital, police said.
An operation has been launched to arrest the auto driver and his accomplices, police said.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology