DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Woman set on fire by money lender
<p>A 35-year-old woman was allegedly burnt to death by a money-lender in presence of her minor daughter in Churu district.</p>
A 35-year-old woman was allegedly burnt to death by a money-lender in presence of her minor daughter in Churu district.
Maina Kanwar died on the spot due to severe burn injuries in Raidee village yesterday, station officer of Taranagar police station Ashok K Vishnoi said.
Due to some dispute over money, 25-year-old Hari Singh barged inside the home of Kanwar when her husband was out on work, the SHO said.
Singh allegedly thrashed Kanwar, poured kerosene over her and set her ablaze while her nine-year-old daughter looked on.
The money-lender has been arrested, police said.
The body was sent for post-mortem examination and a probe into the matter was on, the officer said.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande