Woman set on fire by money lender
<p>A 35-year-old woman was allegedly burnt to death by a money-lender in presence of her minor daughter in Churu district.</p>
A 35-year-old woman was allegedly burnt to death by a money-lender in presence of her minor daughter in Churu district.
Maina Kanwar died on the spot due to severe burn injuries in Raidee village yesterday, station officer of Taranagar police station Ashok K Vishnoi said.
Due to some dispute over money, 25-year-old Hari Singh barged inside the home of Kanwar when her husband was out on work, the SHO said.
Singh allegedly thrashed Kanwar, poured kerosene over her and set her ablaze while her nine-year-old daughter looked on.
The money-lender has been arrested, police said.
The body was sent for post-mortem examination and a probe into the matter was on, the officer said.
Recommended For You
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: La La Land, Moonlight or Lion; Who's Bollywood Rooting for?
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion