Woman set on fire by money lender
<p>A 35-year-old woman was allegedly burnt to death by a money-lender in presence of her minor daughter in Churu district.</p>
A 35-year-old woman was allegedly burnt to death by a money-lender in presence of her minor daughter in Churu district.
Maina Kanwar died on the spot due to severe burn injuries in Raidee village yesterday, station officer of Taranagar police station Ashok K Vishnoi said.
Due to some dispute over money, 25-year-old Hari Singh barged inside the home of Kanwar when her husband was out on work, the SHO said.
Singh allegedly thrashed Kanwar, poured kerosene over her and set her ablaze while her nine-year-old daughter looked on.
The money-lender has been arrested, police said.
The body was sent for post-mortem examination and a probe into the matter was on, the officer said.
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Sushma Swaraj To Pakistan: Stop Dreaming About Kashmir
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Ban on Pakistani Artistes No Solution to Terrorism: Karan Johar to MNS
- Karan Johar, Nimrat Kaur Praise Nikkhil Advani's TV Show