Women alcoholics should seek help: Aamir Khan
Aamir expressed the need to address the issue of alcoholism in women, appealing to those in distress to seek help.
Mumbai: Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan has expressed the need to address the issue of alcoholism in women and appealed that those in distress should seek help. "I think in India the problem is more complex....There are so many modernistic issues associated with drinking that women would be afraid to even admit openly that they drink," Aamir told reporters here.
He was addressing a seminar organised by Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) here yesterday. AA is an international mutual aid movement founded in 1935. "Even if you are a woman and if you are drinking and suffering from it, I think you must step out...There is help available to you," the actor said.
Admitting that eradication of addiction to alcoholism will take time, he said "This is a continuous struggle that we all have to take forward and we have to be committed". The actor had touched upon the issue of excessive consumption of alcohol in one of the episodes of his TV show 'Satyameva Jayate'.
"In this particular issue we tested success because we have a dedicated national-level body which was following it up. But we did not touch upon female alcoholics and their cases....May be we should think how we can take this issue
forward," he added.
- India's Uri Payback, Pulls Out of Saarc, Has Saarc Itself Become Meaningless?
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- Talk and Terror Can't Go Together: MEA
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager