Women helpline number '181' to be functional within a week
Earlier, the Ministry had given '167' for the helpline but following request for a easier number it has been changed to '181'.
New Delhi: Delhi Government will make functional within a week a three-digit helpline number '181' for women in distress. The helpline will be set up at Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit's office at Delhi Secretariat and will be functional before December 31.
"The dedicated helpline will go a long way in providing a mode to contact CM Office and seek any assistance from law enforcing agencies," said a senior Delhi Government official. The Delhi Chief Minister had requested Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal to allot a three-digit phone number for helping women in distress following widespread protest in the city in the wake of the brutal gang-rape of a 23-year-old woman.
Earlier, the Ministry had given '167' for the helpline but following request for a number that would be easier to recollect, the number has been changed to '181'. 161 police stations will be linked to the control room from where the helpline will operate.
Recommended For You
- HIL 2017: Kalinga Lancers Thrash Dabang Mumbai to Lift Maiden Title
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Afghanistan Pacer Shapoor Zadran in Mumbai, Wants to Meet SRK
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards