Women's education important says President
President Pratibha Patil appreciated women's efforts in shaping the destiny of India.
New Delhi: The education of women and the girl child is an important tool to contribute towards development, President Pratibha Patil said on Monday in her message on the eve of International Women's Day.
"Indian women are playing a crucial role in a number of fields and professions over the years, as our nation progresses on the path of development, and they play an important role in our efforts for inclusive growth. The education of women and the girl child is a very important tool for this effort, so that they can contribute towards development."
"On the occasion of International Women's Day, I extend my warm greetings and felicitations to all the women of India, for their relentless efforts in shaping the destiny of our country," she said.
Another study suggests that Chinese women are more ambitious than their counterparts in other countries. According to a research conducted by Newsweek magazine, 75 per cent of Chinese career women aim to have positions in senior management, while the figure is 50 per cent for the US.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Edges Closer to Chinese Super League
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology