DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Won't let AAP hold rallies in Amethi: UP Nav Nirman Sena
<p>Irked over AAP leader Kumar Vishwas' comments against a certain community, a radical outfit in Uttar Pradesh threatened to block his rallies in the state.</p>
Irked over AAP leader Kumar Vishwas' comments against a certain community, a radical outfit in Uttar Pradesh threatened to block his rallies in the state.
Vishwas is likely to contest the Lok Sabha elections from Amethi against Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi, and address a few rallies in Amethi, even as his party plans to contest all 80 Lok Sabha seats in the state.
"We will not let Kumar Vishwas hold any rally in Amethi... not just Amethi, but the whole of Uttar Pradesh," Amit Jani, UP Nav Nirman Sena (UPNNS) president Amit Jani said on Tuesday.
Talking to PTI over phone, Jani recalled how the outfit beheaded Mayawati's statues and caused agitation in the state few years back, and warned against taking the threat lightly. Vishwas had apologised for the comments, which created a political furor, including JD(U) MLA Shoaib Iqbal threatening to withdraw support to the AAP government in Delhi.
While Shoaib forgave the leader and reconciled, UPNNS and the people of the state wouldn't forgive, Jani said. Rahul Gandhi is scheduled to visit Amethi on January 10.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Priyanka, Ranveer Extend Their Love to Sachin Tendulkar For His Biopic
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings