DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Working hard to build muscles to play Mary Kom: Priyanka
Priyanka is working hard to get into shape to play the Olympic bronze medalist in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's film.
Mumbai: Actress Priyanka Chopra's looks may not have any similarities with boxer Mary Kom, but she is working hard to get into shape to play the Olympic bronze medalist in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's film.
"I don't believe in size zero. Yes, I have lost weight as I am training myself for my next film. I am working hard to build muscles for my character, which is inspired by Mary Kom," said Priyanka.
The 30-year-old actress, who doesn't shy away from shedding glamorous image to try different characters as she did in 'Kaminey' and 'Barfi!', finds the journey of Mary Kom, a girl from Manipur who went on to become five-time world champion, inspiring.
"It's not a bio pic but it is a film, which is inspired by her life. I personally find her journey very inspiring. This film talks about how to grab the right opportunity, work hard and how sheer hard work can bring success. I am very nervous about the film as it is very close to my heart," Priyanka said.
To be directed by Bhansali, the film will go on the floors by June.
The 30-year-old Mary Kom was honoured with Padma Bhushan, India's third highest civilian honour, this year.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet