Working hard to build muscles to play Mary Kom: Priyanka
Priyanka is working hard to get into shape to play the Olympic bronze medalist in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's film.
Mumbai: Actress Priyanka Chopra's looks may not have any similarities with boxer Mary Kom, but she is working hard to get into shape to play the Olympic bronze medalist in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's film.
"I don't believe in size zero. Yes, I have lost weight as I am training myself for my next film. I am working hard to build muscles for my character, which is inspired by Mary Kom," said Priyanka.
The 30-year-old actress, who doesn't shy away from shedding glamorous image to try different characters as she did in 'Kaminey' and 'Barfi!', finds the journey of Mary Kom, a girl from Manipur who went on to become five-time world champion, inspiring.
"It's not a bio pic but it is a film, which is inspired by her life. I personally find her journey very inspiring. This film talks about how to grab the right opportunity, work hard and how sheer hard work can bring success. I am very nervous about the film as it is very close to my heart," Priyanka said.
To be directed by Bhansali, the film will go on the floors by June.
The 30-year-old Mary Kom was honoured with Padma Bhushan, India's third highest civilian honour, this year.
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham