World Bank to give aid for building toilets in Chhattisgarh
Chhattisgarh is among five states in the country which will be given aid by the World Bank.
Raipur: World Bank will extend financial aid to build toilets in tribal-dominated villages of Chhattisgarh under Centre's flagship 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'.
World bank will give an aid of Rs 240 crore in next five years to the Centre for constructing toilets in households in the tribal areas and also for running proposed awareness campaigns, an official release said on Thursday.
Under the programme, campaigns will be run to encourage villagers to build toilets in their houses and use them instead of going for open defecation. It shall be ensured that by 2019 not a single household in tribal areas is left which without a toilet.
Chhattisgarh is among five states in the country which will be given aid by the World Bank, it said.
Recommended For You
- Huge Discounts Being Offered by Motorcycle and Scooter Manufacturers in India
- Ashwin Says March 30 Will be Remembered as 'World Apology Day'
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia
- Films That Prove Nagesh Kukunoor is The Ultimate Storyteller of His Own Genre
- Looking For a Solution For Everything Construction Related?