World's slimmest smartphone Umeox X5 unveiled, is only 5.6mm thick
The Umeox X5 has a 5.3-inch touchscreen, and is powered by a dual-core processor.
New Delhi: Outstripping Huawei, Chinese manufacturer Umeox today unveiled the world's slimmest smartphone - X5. The phone measure only 5.6m thick. Huawei on June 18 had unveiled what it claimed to be the world's slimmest smartphone - Acend P6; it measures 6.18mm thick.
But the Umexo X5 has now outperformed the Huawei Acend P6 in terms of thickness and snatched away the title of the world's slimmest smartphone. The Umeox X5 is approximately 0.5mm thinner than the Huawei Ascend P6.
The Umeox X5 has a 5.3-inch touchscreen, and is powered by a dual-core processor. It has an 8-megapixel rear camera and a 3-megapixel front camera. It runs Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
The Umeox X5 will be released in Europe and China. The handset is likely to go on sale in France this summer. There is no word on pricing and eact launch date yet.
Umeox currently has a decent portfolio of Android phones, some of which are sold under the Thomson Mobile brand in Europe.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Poll: Which Is the Best Vishal Bhardwaj Film Till Date?
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models